Job Summary: We are seeking a dynamic and organised individual to join our friendly and fast-paced small team as a Team Assistant for two Business Improvement Districts (BID) - Aldgate Connect BID and Cheapside Business Alliance. As the Team Assistant, you will play a crucial role in supporting the overall function of the BID and ensuring its smooth operation. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is eager to work in a collaborative environment with lots of room for growth and diversity in their role.
Responsible to: BID Director
Salary: up to £25,000-28,000 DOE
Contract: Permanent and full time
Location: hybrid working, with our office based in Aldgate
Start date:Immediate start
- Administrative Support: Provide comprehensive administrative support to the BID team, including scheduling meetings, preparing agendas, and taking minutes.
- Communication and Correspondence: Handle some incoming and outgoing communications on behalf of the BID, including emails, phone calls, and general inquiries. Draft and edit correspondence, reports, and presentations as required.
- Project Assistance: Collaborate with team members to support various projects and initiatives within the BID. This may involve conducting research, gathering data, and preparing project-related materials.
- Document Management: Maintain accurate and up-to-date records, files, and databases. Ensure proper organisation and confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Event Coordination: Assist in the planning, coordination, and execution of BID events, including meetings, workshops, and community initiatives. This may involve arranging logistics, sending invitations, coordinating with vendors, and providing on-site support.
- Financial Support: Assist with basic financial tasks, such as processing PO and invoices, expense tracking, and reconciling accounts. Collaborate with the finance team to ensure accurate and timely financial administration.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Act as a point of contact for BID stakeholders, including local businesses, community members, and government agencies. Foster positive relationships and provide support as needed.
- General Office Management: Maintain office supplies, equipment, and facilities. Coordinate with vendors and service providers to ensure a well-functioning office environment.
- Flexibility and Multitasking: Adapt to changing priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Effectively manage time and resources to meet deadlines and ensure efficient operations.
- Previous experience in an administrative role, proven experience in minute taking preferably in a stakeholder / external facing environment.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and manage multiple responsibilities.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with attention to detail.
- Proficient in using productivity tools, such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and collaboration platforms.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Flexibility and adaptability to handle evolving requirements and deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a friendly and approachable demeanor.
- Basic understanding of financial processes and record keeping.
- Knowledge of Business Improvement Districts or community development is a plus.
This is a full-time position with the potential for growth within our organisation. If you thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and are passionate about supporting community development initiatives, we encourage you to apply. Join our team and contribute to making a positive impact on our community through the work of the Business Improvement Districts.
A Business Improvement District (BID) is a geographical area in which the local businesses have voted to invest together to improve their environment. Diversity and inclusion are at the core of what we do, both as an employer and through the BID’s activities. Our EDI Policy and Strategy can be accessed here.
Please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com by the 17th July close of play.